With extensive experience selling companies ranging in value from $10 million to $10 billion, DelMorgan’s professionals are among the best in the world at running a sale process that is designed to maximize value and certainty of closing.
A company may decide to sell for a variety of reasons:
- Impending strategic challenges may make this an opportune time to sell
- Potential (or actual) third-party interest from possible acquirers
- Desire of the shareholders to diversify or monetize their investment
- Natural organic evolution of the business (e.g., reaching a plateau)
- Need for more capital to reach the next level of success
- Compelling synergies available in the case of a business combination
- Change in the marketplace among competitors and/or customers
- Change in the marketplace regarding valuation of comparable businesses
- Desire for a shift in the shareholder base (owners, management, etc.)
- Life cycle / estate planning / tax / partnership considerations (for individuals owners or for fund sponsors)
Regardless of the rationale, few decisions can be as stressful – and as consequential – as the decision to sell a company. At DelMorgan, we are acutely conscious of the value that can be unlocked by a successful sale, and the value that can be destroyed by a poorly run process. Our professionals have deep experience in running successful sale processes for a wide variety of companies around the world. This experience gives us the discipline to manage a sale process designed to minimize the disruption to our clients’ companies. Equally importantly, our experience teaches us that only a tightly run sale process will produce the highest value and the greatest likelihood of closing for our clients.